I know, it’s June. I’ve been super busy the last few weeks with the last days of school, making sure my St Joe classroom is cleaned out and starting volleyball with the Pirates. So, here are the things I enjoyed in May.
1. Factorials – my students did a probability unit at he end of the year, and we worked with permutations and combinations. If you know anything about math, you know you need factorials to do those. My students had a lot of fun doing different problems with factorials and learning about something they never had any experience with before.
Review of what a factorial is:
5! = 5*4*3*2*1=120
Take the number in front of the exclamation point, and multiply all the numbers less than or equal to that number.
2. Quiz Up – it’s an app that allows you to challenge other people to trivia quizzes. My user name is sammiewp if you want to challenge me! There are A LOT of different topics. I probably do the Harry Potter (books and movies categories) the most.
3. Summer reading – I know, I talk a lot but reading, but it’s a great summer hobby. Here’s my stack to get through this month:
4. Daylight – gotta love how long the days are in the summer! Travis and I have been enjoying the time by walking a lot in the evenings.
5. The French Open – tennis has three of its major tournaments in the summer, which means I get to watch a lot of them! I really like watching the French Open because it looks like fun to play on clay. I’m currently watching the Sharapova vs. Bouchard semifinal. Of course, my favorite is still Andy Murray!
6. 2048 – it’s another app. This one is a single player number game. You combine numbers that are the same and try to get it as high as you can. It’s hard to explain. Just try it, it’s free 🙂