I had an awesome day today! I thought I would share with you all.
1. I interviewed this morning for the c-team volleyball coach at Platte County High School and got it! Pretty excited about being coach Payne again.
2. I got to judge the chopped competition at school today. I normally stay away from student-made food, but they asked me to fill in last minute. It was the dessert round. Their secret ingredients were rice crispies, powdered sugar, and coconut. All of the teams did really good. I ended up picking a peanut butter ball coated in coconut. It was really neat to see the kids in a different classroom.
3. It was the seniors’ last day. I’m going to miss them a bunch, but I’m so proud of them for finishing high school! They have accomplished so much and I know they are very excited and ready to get out.
4. I had a student say some of the sweetest things today. This particular student has had a rough life and my heart goes out to him. He told me he appreciated how much I care and believe in him, even when he thinks he doesn’t deserve it. It almost brought me to tears. It’s the reason I do what I do!
5. I got to catch up with some old friends! I got together for a happy hour with some friends that I haven’t seen in a while! It’s always great seeing friends.
6. Travis made pancakes for dinner. Even though he forgot the chocolate chips, it was still spot on.