It’s definitely February outside. Most if my current favorite things have to do with the fact it’s winter.
1. The Olympics – I eat, breathe, and sleep Olympics. It’s the last thing I think about when I go to bed, first thing I think about when I wake up. I’m a little obsessed. If you didn’t already know this about me, now you do. I get really excited about the one time every couple of years I get to whip these bad boys out.
2. Olympic Memes – see favorite thing #1. Here’s my current favorite: #wagnerface. After Ashley Wagner, figure skater, received her score for her short program in the team competition, this was her face:
This picture has now been placed on many different images. Here’s one:
3. Hot tea – I’m been trying to cut my caffeine intake to help me sleep better at night (it works!) So in the mornings, I drink one big cup of tea and call it good for my caffeine intake for the day. I have also been having a cup of sleepy time at night. For some reason, hot tea warms me up way more than hot coffee does.
4. Flappy bird – I’m totally on the band wagon with this game. Unfortunately the creator took it out of the App Store because he was getting too many complaints. So if you have it don’t delete it if not, borrow someone else’s! Yes, this is my high score, be jealous.
5. Mary Kay’s stain lips – a friend of mine had a Mary Kay party recently, I got some of this lip mask stuff. My lips get super dry during the winter and crack all the time. This stuff takes the top layers of dead skin off your lips, leaving them soft! Just don’t miss, I got a little off my lips and got a nasty pimple.
6. space heaters – energy saving tip, space heaters are cheaper than turning up your heat! Our space heater got us through those really cold days we have had in the past month. Uno likes them too!
7. Tall candles – they add a nice, warming light to the room. We got these at Hobby Lobby for 50% off.
8. Snow days – teaching has its perks, and this is one of them. My mom hates the snow and loves her summer, and same with Travis. However, my district builds in a few snow days, so we don’t have to make them up. If I have been to the store and stocked up, I could stay snowed in for a week easily. I say yes to PJs, reading books, and movie marathons all day!